Meatballs, anyone?

I'll be honest, I'm not a big meat eater. I'm not a vegetarian, and it's not that I don't care for it, I just don't really have to have it in my life. I can't tell the difference between a steak from Shapley's to Ruth's Chris to Outback to Western Sizzlin. All I can tell is if it is tough or not.

Chicken, I love. I can tell if a piece of chicken is fried good or not.. :) Kind of my weakness..

Now, turkey... I don't really care for much at all. Turkey on Thanksgiving? Eh, could definitely do without for sure. Ground Turkey? I hate how pale it is raw... and the texture is kinda weird to me.

So, when I saw this recipe....Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce from Skinny Taste a few things jumped out at me. good and bad things.

Good:
 *Asian-I have a major love affair with Asian food. I could live off of Panda Express and be fine. Seriously, it's up there with Chick-Fil-A (which we only have in a mall food court on my side of town, do you realize how inconvenient that is??)

*Lime-Here comes my other love... Mexican. Anything with the word lime or cilantro and I am all over it. (this recipe has BOTH)

*Dipping Sauce- This girl loves to dip. I don't care what it is. I'm a condiment whore. 

Bad:
*TURKEY- see previous comments... just no good. 

*MEATBALLS- sick. I can't think of many words worse than meatballs. How can you eloquently say the word? I feel like you have to say it with a raspy growl. sick. Try it... can't do it, can you? 

Well, let me tell you, this recipe made me a believer in turkey meatballs. It is SO easy and SO delicious. My whole house almost melted with my rickety oven being on 500 degrees for so long (plus the afternoon desert sun beating through window didn't help), while I prepped everything, but Keith, Ellie, and I pulled through.

The Dipping Sauce was everything I could have ever imagined. It is perfect. I did add some Sriracha Garlic Chili Sauce to eat along with the rice. 

I made the Brown Fried Rice to go along with it, and it was great, as well. 

It also got the Ol' Case approval. (He's extremely hard to please.)

Try it out!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home