Fresh

July 23, 2003.

The day I started my first blog.

My, how things have changed from the first blog to this one.

I have always had a fascination with blogs. The way people open up their lives to the world, the different purposes for having one, or the randomness in having one. It's just really neat. Reading blogs is a way to make you feel not so alone in this crazy world.

You can read about someone else's mess of a life (why they put the mess out there for us to read, is something else fascinating about it all), you can get a fabulous recipe that has been tried by a real person-not just the author of the cookbook, you can read about tremendous victories in someone's life-whether it be getting a new job or surviving an illness, you can share the experiences one has when welcoming a precious baby into this crazy world, or you can simply keep in touch with family and friends that live across the country.

Some people may think, "who wants to read about their life?" That's the beauty of it, you don't care if anyone reads it. It's purely entertainment, a source of venting, a way to hold yourself accountable, a way for others (if they choose to read) to hold you accountable... of course, it all depends on your purpose, if there is one at all.

My purpose?

Entertainment for myself. Therapeutic. Share my El Paso adventures.

Welcome.

0 comments:

Newer Post Home