Pinterest


Everyone is obsessed with Pinterest. Me? I'm slowly, but surely getting into it. I hardly search the internet with my computer, and the Pinterest app on my phone seems to always be on the fritz... so it's been hard for me to get in to.

My favorite thing to do is look for ideas for my "Dream Home", which is exciting, but strange for me, since I haven't always had an interest in it...

Growing up, my family would drive around every Sunday afternoon looking at houses or going to Open Houses, whether we were in the market or not. I was so bored. Nap time for Blythe. My mother and sister are designers, so they would get really into it. I didn't care. They were good at it, passionate about it, even.  I was apathetic.

Since I've gotten older, my interests have grown. I care a little bit more. Mostly, it's because I bought my first house, and I was able to decorate it however I wanted, with the help of my designer mother, of course. She had to motivate me and steer me in the right directions. Now that Cayce and I are in our own house, it was fun finding our decorating style together. Something new. Something fresh. Something ours.

But, being a girl, you're never satisfied, and always looking towards the future. So, while I have my current house decorated how I love, I can't help but make folders of pictures I find on the internet about my future "Dream House" that I will one day find the perfect spot and either build or remodel. Until then, I'll keep pinning

Here are some of the things that I have found on Pinterest that I absolutely love.


I love this tile backsplash with the modern, simplistic faucet. I've also seen this same tile used for bathroom floors. Really neat. 


The kitchen isn't my style, but I love the coffered ceilings. Love them even more just stained rather than painted. 


Refurbished wood floors. These are really neat. Wouldn't show dirt or scuff marks. 


I am in love with wood, vaulted ceilings. Add chandeliers into the mix, and it's even better. 


How cool is this for a kids room?? 


I thought this was great for a kids reading nook. 


What a great idea!

I love mixing rustic with modern. These old window panes are great with the lamps and whole set up. 

These are just a few things, but I love mixing rustic/antique with a modern twist. 

Follow me on Pinterest to see my Pinterest obsession come to fruition. 


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home